We kicked off our Tampa Bay Birth Tour by visiting the Florida Hospital birthing center in Tampa and chatting with Emily Sullivan, RN and Birth Designer.
Florida Hospital Tampa located off of Fletcher Ave is dedicated to gifting you with The Birth Day Experience, what does this mean for you?
Prior to your delivery you will meet with your Birth Designer who will assist in customizing your birth plans in detail and help you finalize all your dos and donts leading to your upcoming birth; as well as provide you with a private tour of the facility. You will continue to have access to your Birth Designer throughout your pregnancy and postpartum period.
Amenities in the hospital include:
- Childbirth classes
- Wireless fetal monitoring that allows you to have freedom to move throughout labor.
- ALL labor & delivery rooms are equipped with birthing & peanut balls of different sizes.
- Room with tub access, we took note that all labor & delivery rooms are extremely spacious which allows you to have the support of your partner, birth doula, and birth photographer without crowding your birth space.
- A la cart style meal ordering system, including a birthday cake delivered to your postpartum recovery suite.
- Personal concierge and spa products available.
- A Mother’s Gift lactation support center equipped with IBCLC’s and breastfeeding support meetings.
Florida Hospital has a no pacifiers policy within the L&D floor in order to support and not risk the interruption of your breastfeeding relationship.
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit on site should it be necessary with neonatologists, specialists and therapists which means your baby stays with you and has no need for transferring to neighboring facility if an issue is suspected.
Florida Hospital currently has a Primary Cesarian rate of 26.5%, Midwifery care on staff from the Women’s Health Care group.
Post discharge you will continue to receive support with follow up from your nurse (one call within 2 days post discharge, another call at 7 days, lastly a call at 3 months and 6 months).
One Love Doula Services & Dear Little One enjoyed our visit at Florida Hospital and thank Emily Sullivan, RN and Birth Designer for her time and education. We are excited for families that choose to have their The Birth Day Experience at the Florida Hospital birthing center as it is evident they will be in good hands. See you at the next Tampa Bay Birth Tour location!